Thursday 4 August 2016

The FTM Hub

The Faculty of Travel Medicine have just posted a notice on Facebook as follows:

Our free of charge, online travel health education is being offered as a special ‘one off’ opportunity by our Faculty of Travel Medicine. The FTM Hub is a pilot interactive educational journal which was launched in June 2016, providing easily accessible, visually attractive education which can be undertaken at the user’s own pace and time availability. Created and designed by Jane Chiodini, Director of Education for the Faculty of Travel Medicine, the material is developed in an e learning programme which offers the capability of providing the user with many different forms of interactions, including videos for a travel health update, live links to related resources online, case studies and much more. To access click HERE  and in return please complete the anonymous evaluation survey which will help inform the Hub’s further development. The survey will take about 5 minutes to complete. To complete the survey click HERE


Please note, all the information in the Hub was up to date at the time of production.  In the section on Zika within the hub, information about male travellers with no Zika symptoms were originally  advised to use condoms for 4 weeks following travel to an area with active Zika virus transmission to prevent sexual transmission but this period of time is currently extended to EIGHT WEEKS.  See HERE for more details.  

It is planned that if the Hub is developed further, it will be made available to all members of the Faculty of Travel Medicine.  Those who prefer not to undertake formal training in travel medicine can still join within the Affiliate category.  The annual fee is £30 which would provide access to the Hub every 6 months, receipt of two printed copies of Emporiatrics per annum, access to the Journal of Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease and also reduced delegate rates to FTM educational events.  For more details click HERE. Alternatively, learners could access the Hub for a small fee from an online portal as a standalone programme which will be posted HERE in the future.

2 comments:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete